Wednesday, July 23, 2008

True Beauty

I often spend my day surrounded by beautiful things. Shiny, glossy, sparkly, gorgeous man-made creations, all formulated to make people look taller, leaner and more avant-garde. But as I'm wrapped up in a tornado of things I sometimes remember, hmmm oh yes.... the real world, the outside world. And articles like this one are why I have grown to love the Globe and Mail so much, because it is the string to my balloon of a life.

Check out these photos linked below. They are so amazing. I have always wanted to go to Rwanda. In the midst of everything this small nation has gone through it has strangely retained so much beauty. I love photo number three and wish I had more photographic talents.

http://www.photosensitive.com/- Go into Projects and click on Rwanda.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Grace O'Connell said...

Hi Kate, I just came across your blog a little while ago and I love it! It's cool that you've got such a good eye for fashion and you're also interested in issues like this.

The reason I'm so interested in your posts is that I work for a word of mouth marketing company called Matchstick in Toronto. For the program I’m currently working on, we are looking for young, hip, smart women. Most importantly, I’m searching for women who write for popular blogs that discuss topics like fashion and beauty with a funky, individual vibe (like you!), with the hope that they’d be willing to participate in a short survey about fragrance habits and opinions.

The survey won’t take too much of your time. I’d love to get the chance to hear your thoughts -- you seem like a perfect fit!

Please feel free to email me at grace@matchstick.ca and you can let me know if you’re interested and how best to get in contact with you.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,

Grace

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Shetu said...

hey kate, it's shetu...I came across your blog through april's and just wanted to say I really enjoy your posts, but you should write more often! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home