Thursday, April 05, 2007

Paintings, dancers, and HIV/AIDS work

I wanted to share some information on the amazing paintings that my Ghanaian friend Adams does. He has no formal training and paints these gorgeous works that I will soon have hanging all over my house. Or will get framed for my future house because my room is too small to fit them all!

He has a website address:http://adamsartservice-adams.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-01-25T14%3A37%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7

Click on the link at the bottom right for older posts of pics. I actually think I bought half of the ones on the webpage- and you can order them from Canada I'm pretty sure so if anyone wants some great art for a very good price send him an email at ziuj2003@yahoo.com.


Junior, who makes all of the necklaces and some drums, also has a website so check it out. He makes me laugh so much.(Apparently his realy name is Shadrack- who would have known!)http://gbetorartworks.blogspot.com

The Africana Dance Company were unlike any dancers I have ever seen. This is the dance team that we went to watch because Adams, Junior and Aziz are members. My dad was utterly amazed. It makes you feel like the laziest, most uncoordinated person ever. But they offer dance classes and in no time you will be shaking it like the best of them. They have a website, and I have some videos so I might try to post them if I can get them to work. I'm sure they won't do them justice but just in case anyone is interested. (Someone hire them for a corporate event in Canada so I can bring all my friends over and you'll never have a better time in your life, I promise!)

http://www.africanadancecompany.com

And finally. The African Hope Foundation of Ghana website. The most amazing organization I could have ever asked for founded by my host mother Agnes Opoku. The website is actually pretty good and I'm going to try to apply to some foundations in Canada for funding for the organization. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions let me know. Also, they would love more volunteers so if you want to do some hands-on HIV/AIDS work let me know and I can tell you what it's like!

http://www.ahfogh.org

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger ADAMS said...

goo d work i love ,,keep doing the good works ok ? more love from adams..art service...boya ka!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home